When using our departures service, you’ll need to do a few things ahead of our arrival to make sure your collection goes smoothly.
Have your bags packed & ready ✅
- Please make sure your bags are packed, ready for collection and are within your airline baggage allowance.
Check in online & obtain your boarding pass ✅
- For most bookings, you need to be checked in and have your boarding pass for us to collect your bags.
- If you’re having difficulties checking in or accessing your boarding pass, click here for more information.
Make sure you're at home ready for the collection window ✅
- For most airlines, the lead passenger on the Airportr booking needs to be present when we collect the bags. We still need to see the boarding passes and passports of all passengers on the booking. Photocopies not accepted; physical passports only.
All passengers must be present if:
- you're travelling with Virgin Atlantic
- you're travelling with American Airlines
- you're travelling with Swiss to the US
Flying with BA:
- If you're flying with BA from London Heathrow, we only need one passenger present during collection. We'll still need to see the boarding passes and passports of all passengers on the booking, but one person can present them.
- We’ve also introduced earlier collection slots, which means we can collect your bags before the check-in window opens. You only qualify for conditional acceptance if your collection slot is more than 24 hours before your flight. You'll still need to check in online and access your boarding pass as soon as the check in window opens, before we hand your luggage to the airline.
We’ll take care of your bags from here! ✅
- You’ll be kept informed on the status of your bags via SMS and email at every step of the way.
- Once we’ve checked in your bags, we’ll send you your digital airline baggage receipts. All you need to do is collect your bags from the carousel after landing at your destination airport.
If we have already collected your bags and for any reason you can't check in and get your boarding pass when online check-in is open, then we will not be able to hand over to the airline and will make arrangements to return your bags to you.
- We'll contact you to arrange a time/ place to meet at the departures terminal. Please read the following Article for more information: My bags could not be checked in, where do I meet you to get them back?
Need help? Contact our Customer Support team here.